Google Analytics is the web analytics service provided by the Google that track and reports website traffic, which is created by Google, Wesley Chan and launched on 14 November 2015.
SEO ( Search Engine Optimisation )
SEO is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement is the search results page of a search engine (SERP)- including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engine.
- Every search engine having a secret algorithm.
- Website should consists of search algorithm like:
- Words Matter – Search engine collects every word in your website. When you search for particular word, search engine shows all the pages which are relevant to the search.
- Title matter – Search engine pays attention to the title because it summarize the book title.
- Links Matter – When one page links to the other page, called recommendation.
- Words in links – Web page consists of another links in the form of words.
What Do Search Engines Look For ?
- There are a ton of companies to improving the SEO of your site pages.
- Search Engines looks for elements including title tags, keywords, image tags, internal link structure, and inbound links and that’s jus to name a few.
- Search Engine also look at site structure and designs, visitors behavior and other external, off-ste factors to determine how highly ranked your site should be in the search engine results page.
How Do Search Engine Works
Search Engines use bots or spiders to crawl billions of pages across the web by following links they find from billions of pages around the web.
Search Engines store the information they collect into their index.
When a search query is entered, search engine digs into its index for pages matching the user’s search query, then sorts and displays the most relevant results to the user.
The order in which the pages are displayed is calculated by the search engine algorithm, taking into account hundreds of ranking factors. Each page is then giving a ranking score.
Google Major Algorithm Updates
- Panda (2011) – lower the ranking of low – quality sites.
- Penguin ( 2012 ) – decrease ranking of sites that engage in black hat seo.
- Humming Bird (2013) – relevancy and knowledge graph update ( semantic search ).
Advantages of SEO :
- Impacts the research / Buying cycle.
- Help people find your website.
- Builds trust and credibility.
- Attracts relevant traffic with high conversion potential.
- Cost effective
- Provides endless opportunites
- Beats paid traffic
Long Tail Keywords & Short Tail Keywords:
Long tail keywords are specific with low competition and having low search volume.
Short tail keywords is very generic with high competition and having high search volume.
SEO Process / 7 Step process :
- Website audit and competitive research(SEMRUSH) ( incase of existing website ).
- Create a strong website architecture (organisation of content into meaningful groups/ section)- blog, resource pages, product/services page with maximum possible information.
- Fill each page with rich content ( minimum of 300 words ) ( follow the content development process ).
- Perform keyword research ( using Google Ads/ SEMRUSH / uber suggest ) and finalize keywords for each page.
- Optimize each page for all major on- page SEO factors.
- Perform off- page SEO activites.
- Monitor the performances ( rankings, competitors, new keyword opportunites with tools like semrush ).
- Page architecture are of two types :
- Flat architecture :- The architecture without any sub child nodes called Flat architecture. for example ( digitalready.co / classroom-trainig )
- Well architecture :- The archhitecture with parent node, child nodes, sub child nodes and so on. for eaxmple ( digitalready.com / training- modes / classrom-training ).
- We use smallseotools.com , to check domain authority, oage authority and MOZ rank.
- SEMRUSH stores the lot of data.
- Uber suggest is to search the volume of people searching for relevant keywords.
- We use ctrl+f to search the keyword in source code..
- Web page title is in the source code and appers in the search engines.
- If we want to check the condition for existing page to develop, we need the following information
- Organic visitors per month
- Keywords ranking on first page
- Backlinks / linking domains
- Website errors
- Page speed
- On page elements
- Site structure and no of pages
- Length of the content
- Alexa rank
- Domain authority
- Page authoritty
- MOZ rank
- Content freshness, consistency and availability of blog
- Social sharing options
- Duplicate content
- Experience and responsiveness