Content Marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent to attract and retain a clearly defined audience – and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Content is king. Content is the only key to reach your audience. Content Writers create posts in the form of blogs, images, videos and are the face of the brand. Content writer is also a creator, designer, promoter and social media manager.
- Creator : As they need to create original content every time they write, it is necessary for writers to create original, unique and fresh content.
- Designer : As a Content Designer, their responsibility to check whatever content they write is properly displayed on the websites, social media, in blogs, images and videos. They create an entire story from start to end and make them readable, understandable by the common audience.
- Promote : As a Content Promoter, they promote the entire brand through their content.
- Social Media Manager : As a Social Media Manager, to keep the audience posted with latest updates from the brand and to keep the audience engaging. They have to be active on all the social media platforms and need to post regularly.
Importance Of Content In Digital Marketing :
- Lead Generation :
Marketers have come to rely on content to engage prospects and customers in today’s new buyer landscape. You must create content that educates, inspires and begs to be shared. It should help leads overcome challenges and achieve their aspirations. If you are able to do that, leads will flock to you and you will gain their trust. Trust is ultimately what creates customers out of leads.
2. Increased Reach and Name Recognition :
When you produce blogs, social postings, white papers or either digital content, you create something that can reach consumers and establish your voice. Sometimes this happens through organic search queries and sometimes through paid advertisements. More often, social media is used to make this content available to consumers. When the content is clearly branded, it helps in grain the brand- as well as its mission, its selling point and other key features – into the minds of consumers.
3. Customer Development :
This is ultimately the foundation for building your customer success strategy. Create personas to understand who your buyers are. Depending on your business size, you will have a varying number of personas. The main point is to draw out similarities of buyers and group them together. This will help you segment your marketing efforts to them later on.
4. Image Development :
Releasing high- quality publications, on regular basis allows businesses to establish themselves as thought leaders, which strengthens the corporate brand.
Different Forms Of Content Marketing :
- Your blog gives you the opportunity to create relevant content for your customers. Use this as a marketing tactic to drive traffic back to your website
- Blogs increase your SEO. Fresh content is still a key to beating out your competitors in the search engine results page
- Well written articles demonstrate your company as an industry leader. By posting topics which resonate with your market and show your knowledge, you are marketing your skills for your business, service or product too.
- Blogs provide another source to deepen the connection with your customer. By connecting directly on your website, your clients are able to get to know your business or product from the comfort of your online home base.
- Adding a product video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%
- 83% of businesses say that video provides good return on investment. Even though video production is not yet the easiest nor cheapest task, it pays off big time
- Video content is likely to engage us and ignite emotions. And when we talk about elite people in the audience, YouTubers have become the most powerful social media figure to promote your brand
- Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and signals search engines that your site has good content
- Video is a great tool for learning. The modern customer wants to see the product in action. Video preference is one of the most important driving forces of using video in your content marketing.
- A well-designed and attractive graphic taps into the optic nerve that drives the brain. Simply put, infographics are far more fun and engaging than plain text
- Infographics make use of tables, graphs, charts and other information. This visual representation of extensive research shows subject-matter expertise and can enhance credibility in the marketplace
- Effective infographics convey lots of data and information in a relatively small space. They extract the most essential facts and figures and deliver them in a relevant way
- Infographics go beyond telling people about your brand. They demonstrate your value and knowledge in a meaningful manner
- Once your infographic is posted on your website and shared via social media, it can generate backlinks that are essential to driving SEO
4. Animated GIFs
- Animated GIFs have longer been used on chat boards and forums online, but they weren’t exactly mainstream on the internet.
- The blogging platform Tumblr has brought GIFs back into fashion with a passion, and we think these fun animations can add an interesting visual element to your marketing content.
- Try incorporating animated GIFs on your website and landing pages (as we have done with the GIF to the right to show off pages of one of our marketing analytics ebooks) to enhance your content and stimulate your visitor’s.
- They are easy to make and fun to find as a visitor.
5. Comics /Cartoons :
- Comics and cartoons are another type of content that marketers can have fun creating- and prospects can have fun seeing.
- They are excellent social media sharing folder.
- Funny cartoons that are relatable to people in your industry are sure to garner you more social shares than the average update- and they will stick around on the web longer, likely generating some valuable inbound links and traffic as a result.
6. Concept/ Content Visualizations :
- Concept visualizations are another great content type to add to your marketing tool belt.
- These visualizations more easily explain abstractor or difficult-to-understand concepts that are hard to describe through text.
- Content visualizations can serve as great trump cards in the back pockets of content creators when it comes to getting prospects and leads to understanding difficult concepts that your products and services help to solve.
7. Live Streaming :
- These serve a dual purpose : traffic and content.
- During the livestream of your video, traffic will be flooding into your site. You can insert calls-to-action or product/service information if you would like though don’t turn your show into a live infomercial.
- Apply the same type of logic to your content here as you would to your blog posts.
- This sort of content is excellent for real-time social engagement.
8. Embedded tweets :
- Embedded tweets deserve their own mention because they are painfully easy and chronically under-used.
- If you have users who are tweeting positively about your company, you should be showing it off on your website. It’s easy to do, and it offers the extra bonus of promoting your social media presence right on your website site.
- They are versatile.
9. Original data :
- Original data is great fodder for some awesome content.
- Think of best practices in your industry that you need data to prove and conduct some research. Maybe it is a survey of your customer base, or maybe you can partner with a research firm to help you collect the data you need.
- Then pull together a research report on the findings, and release it as a new offer.
- Publishing original data can help establish you as a thought leader and a resource that stays ahead of the trends in your industry. This idea also plays nicely with infographic or visualization suggestion.